We support organizations and individual community members to work towards animal liberation. We are proud to support these organizations financially & physically (when possible). If you would like to volunteer please check out more information about the organization and how to get involved or donate. In addition to these organizations, we would like to give recognition to the individual animal sanctuaries and volunteers who help make this change possible. A donation of your time and/or money is greatly appreciated by these individuals and will make our dreams into a reality. A great way to make sure your donation is used properly is to donate directly to the registered animal charity of your choice.
Organizations We Support:
1. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 6.5 million members and supporters. PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: in the food industry, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of rodents, birds, and other animals who are often considered “pests” as well as cruelty to domesticated animals. PETA works through public education, cruelty investigations, research, animal rescue, legislation, special events, celebrity involvement, and protest campaigns. In addition to peta, we also support their peta2 action team initiative. Read more about them from their website by clicking here.
2. Direct Action Everywhere (DxE). “Nonviolent direct action seeks to create such a crisis and foster such a tension that a community which has constantly refused to negotiate is forced to confront the issue. It seeks so to dramatize the issue that it can no longer be ignored.” (Martin Luther King, Jr., Letter from a Birmingham Jail). To read more about DxE please click here.
3. Anonymous for the Voiceless is an animal rights organization that specializes in street activism. Over 4,010 demonstrations in 729 cities worldwide, we’ve convinced at least 216,102 bystanders to take veganism seriously. Through the use of standard practice footage, we expose to the public what is intentionally hidden from them when it comes to animal exploitation. Combining this with a value-based sales approach and resource literature, we fully equip the public with everything they need in switching to a vegan lifestyle. We hold an abolitionist stance on animal exploitation. Read more about them by clicking here.
4. The Save Movement is a worldwide network of groups bearing witness to farmed animals, advocating veganism, & promoting love-based grassroots activism.
The Save Outreach Squad (SOS) is a branch of the Toronto Save Movement. The Save Outreach Squad grew out of a need bring awareness about the plight of the animals slaughtered at Toronto’s local slaughterhouses to the streets beyond those slaughterhouses where most people do their very best to avoid thinking about where their food comes from. Through powerful images and literature we invite the public to bear witness to the truth and join us in the fight for animal liberation. In addition to exposing Toronto’s slaughterhouses, we organize a variety of outreach events, aimed at bringing awareness to other animal exploitation issues. We often build these actions around special events and holidays. Our events are designed to be peaceful, non-confrontational, and educational. We have weekly and monthly events as well as special events.
Toronto Pig Save (TPS) exists to erect glass walls at slaughterhouses, encourage plant-based vegan living, and bear witness during vigils. TPS and iVegan.ca relaunched the “Why love one… but eat the other” TTC campaign, and TPS also launched the Climate Vegan campaign to educate people on the devastating environmental impact of animal agriculture.
6. Sea Shepherd Conservation Society (SSCS) is an international non-profit, marine wildlife conservation organization…
Established in 1977, our mission is to end the destruction of habitat and slaughter of wildlife in the world’s oceans in order to conserve and protect ecosystems and species. We use innovative direct-action tactics to investigate, document, and take action when necessary to expose and confront illegal activities on the high seas. By safeguarding the biodiversity of our delicately balanced ocean ecosystems, Sea Shepherd works to ensure their survival for future generations.
Read more by visiting: https://seashepherd.org/
7. Challenge 22 is the flagship project of Animals Now (formerly Anonymous for Animal Rights), an Israeli NGO established in 1994, promoting animal protection and cruelty-free living.
Challenge 22+ offers participants a free, supportive online framework for trying veganism for 22 days. More than 100K people from all over the world have participated in the project since its launch in March 2014.
While similar programs around the world are based on vegan starter-kits and email guides, Challenge 22+ is an interactive program that offers a unique combination of group support and personal mentoring. How does it work?
- Facebook: each mentee joins a secret Facebook group, which enables participants to share their experience and learn from each other.
- Experienced team: the group is mentored by experienced vegan volunteers – culinary experts, parents, students and longtime vegans. In addition to the group support, mentees can be assigned a personal mentor, for the space to share and ask privately.
- Registered dietitians: the program is supervised by certified dietitians who give nutritional advice.
- Structured program: each day participants receive a small task. By the end of the Challenge, mentees are equipped with nutritional information, cooking tips and recipes that enable them to maintain a healthy, tasty vegan lifestyle.
It all happens in a very joyful and supportive atmosphere – people upload pictures of their dishes, share recipes and cooking tips, talk about their daily experience, and all in all, live a great adventure together with other people in the same spirit.
Read more at https://www.challenge22.com/challenge22/about/